Losing someone can be one of the most difficult times in the lives of people. They are stricken with grief, hopelessness, sadness and uncertainty of the future. While people are in the middle of this chaotic life, it can be extremely hard to know what to say and how to express yourself.
One way to hold the hand of the griever and give them a little comfort is by sharing the sympathy cards. A well-written and thoughtful sympathy card from sendwishonline can provide immense comfort and healing in a time of need. Whether it is for your colleague, family or friends, Sympathy cards have the power to change the mood of the receiver and show them that your support will always be there for them.
What to write in a sympathy card?
When you start writing a card, it is essential that you express your heartfelt attitude and show sincerity. Of course, there are no right or wrong things to say, but you have to stay clear with a few things that might act like a trigger and in turn provide more sadness to the receiver.
- Express your condolences in a personal and private way. Let them know that you are grieving with them and are there to support them whenever they require it.
- Share some stories of the deceased. This could be a funny memory or something charming. This would act simply as a statement of how much they meant to you as well.
- Offer your support to the griever, and show them that you are ready to accept any additional help they might require. This could be in terms of work, or many some arrangements. Whatever they require you for.
- Try to avoid cliches. At a time like this, it won’t help but just make your efforts look like a formality. If you are attending any event, attend it with sincerity and likewise share your sympathy card with genuine reasons.
Sympathy messages to offer comfort and healing
To find some comfort in these times of loss, here are some heartfelt messages of condolence to a friend that will surely ease their pain.
- Take my deepest condolence. May God give you stability and bless you to cope with this tough time of grief.
- I don’t have the words to express exactly what I’d like to say. Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss.
- No word holds enough power to ease your heart’s pain. May God bless you to overcome this crucial situation! And don’t think of yourself alone in this journey.
- With heartfelt sympathy, wishing you and your family vigor to face the hard time and strength to overcome the grief.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort!
- Sending you my deepest sympathy for your valuable loss. May God bestow strength upon you to have control over your grief!
- It is always a tragedy when a loved one passes away. Incredibly heartbroken to hear about your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences.
- The loss of your loved one must feel as though your world has split down in the middle. Warm thoughts and prayers to you in this dark moment of your life.
- I honestly cannot picture how mentally crippled you must be feeling at this moment in time. Please accept my most sincere condolences in this dark phase of your life.
- Extremely saddened to hear about your loss. May God grant you the patience to deal with such difficult times.
- I wish I could express to you all the appropriate words. All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss and that I want you to know that you mean a great deal to me!
- Thinking of you and wishing you moments of peace and comfort as you remember a friend who was so close to you.
- Thinking of you all as you celebrate your grandmother’s remarkable life.
- It’s terrible to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
- May my condolences bring you comfort and may my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
- I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
- I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that we are just a phone call away. My heartfelt condolences.
- Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
- I hope that our Lord brings you and your family much-needed peace during this sad time. My condolences to you and your family.
- I am honored and blessed to have known your uncle. He was truly a blessing in my life and I will miss him. My condolences.
- Remembering her wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May she rest in peace!
- I will never forget his kindness. May God give him eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I will surely miss the presence of a truly lovable and kind person.
- We are deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow we feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
The impact of Sympathy cards
Sympathy cards can have a huge impact on the griever. Whether you share the card virtually or give it in person, it passes on the message of healing and support. Studies have shown that people who shared or received Sympathy card had a feeling of being supported and less alone. They felt more positive emotions and were hopeful for the coming days. The people who shared the cards felt like they were a part of the community that came together during the sad times and reflected back on the happy memories of the deceased.
The impact of sympathy cards can also be felt in offices where colleagues become more like family members and share their support so that when the griever returns to work they are more helpful towards them. A simple card holds a lot of power, simply more than one can understand.
The power of sympathetic words
We use words to communicate our deepest feelings and during moments of grief words are our biggest tool. They have the power to heal, to provide comfort, to inspire and to give people hope. When you choose your words carefully, they might start feeling more supported and less alone.
This is your chance to celebrate the life of the deceased and give the griever a chance to see the beauty of the world that is still waiting for them.
The importance of sharing Sympathy cards with Colleagues
Over the years of working together, you start becoming close with your colleagues and the office becomes your home away from home. It is necessary that you share sympathy cards with your colleagues because they will expect your support. After going through a certain period of grieving, they would need to come back to work and would require you to make things comfortable for them. Sharing sympathy cards by inviting all your colleagues to sign and leave healing messages together would show the receiver that the entire office is in their support. It marks a huge moment when you together work for the betterment of your colleague showing what team spirit means after all.
This simple gesture would go a long way toward making your bonds stronger and creating a better workplace environment where colleagues can start trusting each other more freely.
Sympathy card messages for colleagues
Signing a sympathy card isn’t easy. We search for words. We wonder what would be comforting to hear. And we worry about saying the wrong thing. But even though it’s not easy, it is important to reach out in sympathy. Our words can’t take away the pain of losing a loved one, but they can go a long way toward helping a grieving person feel loved and supported. Our small gestures can convey a lot more than we can imagine.
It’s ideal to keep the sympathy card message short. Honestly, the person who has lost their dear one does not need a paragraph. They don’t need cliched sentences, they need to understand the sincere approach of your message. If a few words from you can express the most of it, then this is the best thing you should do. So whatever the reason is, be brief and try to come across as caring and warm.
Here are a few messages that you can write on the sympathy card.
- Everyone feels your absence from work and wants to support you. I hope you know that I am here to help with work, and also if you just want to talk. I won’t pretend to understand exactly how you feel, but I promise to listen and try to help. I am truly sorry for your loss.
- I don’t have the right words to say, but I am thinking about you and am here to support you. It doesn’t have to be now. It could be later or much later. Just know that I am here and I care.
- I was saddened to learn about your loss. I hope that you just unplug from work and take the time you need to deal with what is most important right now. We all will cover for you here. I send my sincerest condolences and sympathies.
- I was very sorry to hear about [name of deceased] at work the other day. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you during this difficult time. I am usually up [early/late], so please just call or text if you need anything or want to talk.
- I heard about the loss of __. I wish I had some magic words to lift your spirit and give you strength, but all I can do is tell you that I care. My thoughts are with you as you remember [him/her] and as you grieve.
- There are no words to express how sincerely sorry I am for your loss. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we are here for you if you need anything. If there is something we could do to bring you comfort or relief, we would love to do it for you. We are thinking of you.
- I heard about the passing of [name of deceased]. I am sorry for the pain you must feel as you grieve, and am hopeful for the day [his/her] memory brings a smile instead of a tear. I send you and your family my heartfelt wishes and condolences.
- Everyone at work is thinking about you, and I am truly sorry about the loss of __. Please accept my sympathies and condolences.
- We at work all agree that there is no way of understanding the pain that you’re going through right now over the loss of your [child]. Please accept my sincerest and deepest condolences and sympathies to you and your spouse.
- I never had the privilege of meeting your [mother]. But I know she must have been an incredible woman because you have inherited her strength and kindness. Her presence made the world a better place and will continue to do so through you. I am thinking of you during this challenging time.
While it is hard to just forget about the grief and move on, with time everything will be settled eventually. Your kind words and simple gestures of sharing the sympathy cards from sendwishonline will go a long way. With cards designed to give a sense of comfort to the receiver, the group signing approach will make them realise that there are many people to stand by them and become their support. Take the time to reach out to your close ones and cherish the bonds that you are lucky to have because nobody knows what might happen in the blink of an eye. It is necessary that you love the people close to you unconditionally because as brutal as life is, you might never get the chance to hold your dear ones closer again.
Read More: How And When To Wear Blue Sapphire